At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Dogs can read?????

I guess my dogs are just dumb olé dogs, because I showed then the instructions printed on the back of the chew toys they were getting for Christmas, and they just didn't seem to understand.....

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  53.0 KB

Now at this point in time a thought struck me across the head, and I double checked the package that the wife had brought home.... Sure enough there in fine fine, print, even with the huge Hartz logo on the front, there on the back, at the bottom were the forbidden words in our home "Made in China" Nothing that we eat, or that my dog's eat, is made in China.... Now if they think my dogs are smart enough to read the instructions, well either they have smarter dogs then I do, or they have some pretty dumb marketing people.... Either way the chew toys are in the trash....

So do yer dogs read????
    Last edited by gssixgun; 12-17-2008 at 10:58 PM.

There is no charge for Awesomeness Jimbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh sure - my dog reads....

Mable has a little trouble with her Latin deponent verbs, but apart from that she is OK. She does have issues with US spelling though, and is liable to whine a bit when she sees "favorite" instead of "favourite", for example.

Milly, on the other hand, is barely literate. We call her Claudia (Schiffer - brains) or Alexandre (Dumas - dumbass) but not to her face - she is a little touchy. We will probably stop doing that once she reaches 5th grade reading level.

James.
    <This signature intentionally left blank>

Thank you for the NO CHINA policy, and evidently they know that youre dog is smarter than they are! BTW my dog can tell time, he knows when its time to eat!
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. Twain

Again... Monty Python knows all and explains all!

YouTube - I like Chinese - Monty Python

We don't buy our dogs anything made in China that I'm aware of. I try to buy stuff only made in the US. I know there have been some problems with toxic toys coming out of there not just for kids either but dogs. I don't buy any dog bowls made in China because they put lead in the bowls. Our dog beds are all US made.

Our guys don't read but they do open doors and will take any item they can find on the porch & use it to bang on the door to tell you they want in the house.

My dog hunts. No reading.

P.S. Shaved with that Kinfolks this morning. Woo Hooo! best yet. Thanks!
    Last edited by Quick; 12-24-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Don't know about your dogs' reading abilities, but I thought I could read.

Apparently not as I couldn't understand a word of that previous post!

Gareth