Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Been away for a while...I'm almost back.

Hey guys,

This is just a public notice of sorts. I know I've been working on a few projects and I see that my mailbox is full on SRP. I haven't had the time or energy to visit SRP, check my email or answer the phone. I've been taking some time to deal with some really terrible stuff that been in the way of my day to day living, but I intend on getting back into SRP and getting back to everyone individually. In case anyone has wondered, I haven't dropped of the face of the planet, though it feels like the planet has dropped out from under my feet.

I'm not sure if I should really attempt to get into it here, but a friend of mine was killed in a terrible, completely stupid and preventable accident that I just cant grasp. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life and never thought i could be killed or hurt and I'm assuming that my friend was thinking the same thing. There's been no funeral, so he's just "gone" which is rather hard to grasp. I mean, this guy used to get babysat at my house when we were like 5 years old. And the absolute idoiocy that was involved in his death is almost laughable and shameful if it weren't so damn tragic. I suppose Im being a bit melodramatic, but its good to feel something other than furiousness.

I hope to be back to work and "life" this week. I'll be getting back to pm's this week and making space in my in box. If you need to, you can also send a messge to oldbill_667@hotmail.com

Thank you for your patience.

Matt Hilts

Sorry to hear about your loss Matt. I know how difficult it is to lose a close friend and I hope peace will find its way to your heart soon.

X

Matt, I am sorry to hear about your friend and about it hitting you so hard. Take your time to get better as I'm sure noone here will mind waiting a bit longer. If you need any help, like stuff done in Toronto, make sure you pm/e-mail me.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Considering what you've said, that's all I can really say that doesn't sound trite or hollow...hope things look up for you in the future.

Blog Entries

Hello Matt,

It is easy enough to laugh at 'stories' like that (whatever happened) until you think of real people and the ones left behind.

This can really hit you like a ton of bricks.
    I wish you strength and courage.

Matt,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my condolences.

Ray

Sorry to hear about your friend, Matt. Sounds like a rough time, a loss like that.

All the best.

Blade W

I am sorry to hear about your friend Matt. I know exactly how you feel. My best friend that I had known for well over 20 years died in a similar fashion January 7th, 2006. His parents have now lost two sons well before thier time. I will never completely recover from it, but life does continue.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

One of the scariest things I've seen is a child dying before their parents. My cousin was killed when I was about 12 and I remember my grandmother standing at the bottom of the stares on the day of his funeral, yelling in italian that "You'd better come down here right now, it's not funny any more!" She just didn't want to believe it, it's so unatural.

My friend Jeff was only 26 and had spent years travelling through south east asia and spent quite a bit of time in Sri Lanka. After spending time in such dangerous (well certainly more dangerous than southern ontario) places, he died in mid west america after a university prank/game. He was set to fly home the next day for a visit.

After speaking to Jeff's dad, I've heard that no less than 3 women, each on different continents, have called the family home, explaining that "Jeff planned to marry me..." so I can say that he lived a good life if not a long one.

Thanks again for the support guys.

Matt

This is an attempt to summon Mr. Shavethebadger.

I've had no luck getting a PM to you, Matt. If you emptied your box, it must have been filled up pretty quick. No response from the e-mail I sent, also. Maybe you're just busy with other things.

Anyway, I'm just trying to inquire about the status of the brush we talked about some months back now. Last you mentioned, you had picked up the treated hippo tusk. Any news of other materials or anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast