Thread: done

Default done

not really happy with this one, the way it turned out for the amount of work that went in,any way enough griping,I wont fall for the same traps again,the most obvious ,MAKE BLOODY SURE THE INLAY IS THE RIGHT WAY ROUNDFor some reason the blade is a tad off centre ,it still closes without catching though ,however it annoys me because I know its there and no amount of tapping on the pivot pin seems to draw it back to centre.
    Anyway there were some good lessons learned, it just needs a final polish and and a go on the stones then we will see how it preforms
    I received the magnets the other day to make the jig,what a difference you end up with two free hands to work with hopefully there will be no more cuts,we shall see
    Have a good day all
    Kind regards Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Knife & Razor Maker Joe Chandler's Avatar

I still think it's the bee's knees. When you get your fixture done, could you post some pix of it. I got the concept, but I'd like to see the finished product. Having 2 hands free would assuage a lot of the irritation I have when working on razors, too.

Default Hi Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chandler
    I still think it's the bee's knees. When you get your fixture done, could you post some pix of it. I got the concept, but I'd like to see the finished product. Having 2 hands free would assuage a lot of the irritation I have when working on razors, too.

well thats it ,really hitec,just some scrap soft silky oak with a step cut out thick and wide enough for the for the razor to fit . There is 4x 1/2" rare earth magnets glued into corresponding holes in the wood and the lot covered with masking tape. I`m going to grab some blue tack or putty to support the edge as per the other threads on this idea.
    As you can see there is bugger all in it but it certainly works a treat
    Kind regards Peter
    PS that is the next blade I`m working on ,I have 5 cuts from it so far so hopefully they will be the last now
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by bg42; 08-21-2006 at 01:48 PM.

< Banned User >

Peter...

The jig works great, doesn't it? It looks very familiar...

Smile Jig

Quote Originally Posted by urleebird
    Peter...

The jig works great, doesn't it? It looks very familiar...
    It works a treat Bill,no question
    Kind regards Peter