Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is method shaving?

I saw an entire forum dedicated to this on another site and even with browsing that forum i still couldnt figure out exactly what it was lol. something about a cube, a product called hydrolast, "forms" and pastes, im sure it would have made some sense had i known what these things were. can anyone give me an ultra simple "method shaving for dummies" run down?

You might want to search the archives. I seem to remember Joe Learch discussing 'method' shaving. Otherwise, I know it has been talked about in great detail over on Shave my face. To tell the truth, it never made much sense to me. It seemed like they touted a) lots of water b) NO pressure c) multiple passes from multiple directions... sound familiar???
    Ed

Senior Member blabbermouth JLStorm's Avatar

technically this wouldnt be off-topic...wouldnt this post go in the shaving forum? You may get more responses there.

i guess it's not off topic but i didnt put it in the shaving forum becuase it wasnt straight shaving or even regular shaving (like i said i havent much of a clue what it is even after browsing boards). i didnt think it was a big deal to put it here as i wasnt in a big hurry to get it answered, just curious what it is.

Senior Member blabbermouth rtaylor61's Avatar

Method shaving is a style of shaving "created" by Charles Roberts. It involves using several products which can be found at Enchante. While many shavers do not agree with the specific "method" itself (Joe Lerch labeled them "methodists"), many do use their products in their own style of shaving. Allegedly Charles offers one of the best A/S balms or moisturizers available. I've never tried it.

RT

lol i clicked the "wet shaving systematic" a primer- link on that site and a 75pg! pdf file opened that's not going to happen. practically everything i find on this subject is 3 pages of fluff on the history of wet shaving, 1/2 a page on shaving (nothing describing/picturing the unique "tools" used in this type of shaving) and then a standard conclusion.

randy can you or anyone tell me simply what this cube is and how it's used along with the other stuff (pastes, cutting balm), i dont need many details, i dont plan on trying this so even a sentence on each would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreMach3
    I saw an entire forum dedicated to this on another site and even with browsing that forum i still couldnt figure out exactly what it was lol. something about a cube, a product called hydrolast, "forms" and pastes, im sure it would have made some sense had i known what these things were. can anyone give me an ultra simple "method shaving for dummies" run down?
    I think you would get a better answer if you posed your question on the Methodshaving.com forum (www.methodshaving.com). Read some of the documents in the Articles section and join their forum. Their members would be pleased to help you out. Adam Mendleson is the administrator over there and I'm sure he would also be more than pleased to answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jim28277
    I think you would get a better answer if you posed your question on the Methodshaving.com forum (www.methodshaving.com). Read some of the documents in the Articles section and join their forum. Their members would be pleased to help you out. Adam Mendleson is the administrator over there and I'm sure he would also be more than pleased to answer your questions.
    from what i saw of that forum it had 9 posts all time, none within the last couple of months and the articles on the site all seem to fit the bill of what i earlier described, i guess they think if you got there you already know what the cube is, the pastes etc...

Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor61
    Method shaving is a style of shaving "created" by Charles Roberts. It involves using several products which can be found at Enchante. While many shavers do not agree with the specific "method" itself (Joe Lerch labeled them "methodists"), many do use their products in their own style of shaving. Allegedly Charles offers one of the best A/S balms or moisturizers available. I've never tried it.RT
    I hope you won't find this too direct, but if you're not really interested in the method or have any intension of pursuing that direction, how much more information do you really need?

Not to be direct myself but I'm not really sure what you are getting at or adding but im not looking for a lot information, it was only curiosity... the idea of some cube, paste and something else providing a shave somehow, sparked some interest. that's one of the reasons i posted it here in off topic, wasnt really important. either way the thread has already gone off topic with all the redirection, look here, shouldnt be here etc... no big deal.
    Last edited by NoMoreMach3; 02-23-2006 at 11:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast