Default Many, Many Thanks.

This post is a while in coming, but here you are. I got interested in straight razor shaving a while back and just acted on it recently. When I get something in my head, I read and research very thoroughly and obsess over it from the start. Because of the information that you guys perpetuate on the web, I have had nothing but positive experiences from day one of my Straight Shaving. I started out with the right gear and I even did the unthinkable (knowing that it wasn't the right thing to do) by shaving with my Thiers-Issard 6/8 super gnome extra right out of the box with no honing! I got a less than close shave, but didn't cut myself once and enjoyed the experience knowing that it wasn't perfect. I will say that I did extra beard prep and I don't recommend the procedure I just got lucky but was expecting not to be lucky. I have since gotten the blade honed (Thanks Lynn!) and I have not cut my self once in the four shaves I have had with it. What's more than that, this morning I got BBS! My stropping technique is slow and studied and I look forward to getting a hands on tutorial from someone at the SE get together. I got good equipment, good technique advice, good beard prep advice, all from SRP and related information from it's members. I will say one more thing: The way we treat each other on this site is spilling over to my everyday life. Little things, I let people in on the highway and wave thanks to those who do the same for me, I try to treat everyone I meet as my immediate equal, I look for opportunities to better myself everyday, and in short I seek to represent the gentlemanly qualities I associate with a straight shaver. Thanks to everyone here, old and new and in between, who helps to perpetuate that sentiment. I am really happy to be a part of it!

Nice post. I also enjoy being a part of this forum and treating others kindly no matter what they do and where they come from.

Default just in case admins...

sorry if this post is in the wrong place too. If it needs to be moved feel free...

Well said. I like the "seek to represent the gentlemanly qualities I associate with a straight shaver."