Default Pre-Shave Oil (Great and Cheap!)

After trying pre-shave oil again recently, I decided to try to find a less expensive alternative to the $40 per half oz stuff that is the usual offering.
    The recipe:
    I took an empty bottle of Proraso After Shave Balm and poured in
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about $20 for a gallon of cold pressed EVOO at Sam's Club)
    and
    5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil ($5.99 for an oz at Hobby Lobby - and it smells great and goes a long way).

Three tips of the bottle on the tip of a finger rubbed into a hot water rinsed beard followed by Mama Bear's hot lather and it was smooth shaving indeed.

Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

Another that has worked well for me is simply jojoba oil I purchased at the supermarket in the health food section. Slippery and moisturizes well.

Chief

I just use sunflower oil. No additives, just straight oil. This is great stuff because it already contains tons of vitamin e!

I have discover something that works really well for me. When I get up I put a small amount of oil on my skin and rub it in and leave it till I shave about 45 minutes later. It really does some amazing things for my shave. I am still in the experimental stage but it appears to help with some amazing shaves.

Later,
    Richard