Default Tumbler polishing?

How effective is it to polish razors using a case tumbler like those used in cartridge reloading? They use media like walnut shells or corn cobs ground up. Seems to polish brass cases nicely.

Would it harm the razors?

Mate... they work really well...

Usually you want to protect the leading edge of the blade with tape... other than that you'd do well to hurt tool steel with walnut shells.

I have an RCBS Sidwinder which, for brass shells and anything else I have always found superior to the vibratory type... but opinions vary.

I actually use long grain rice in mine... dosed with powdered jewellers rouge and it works fantastically well. Basic reason i discovered long grain rice was because the polishing media comes from the states and is distributed by companies known to be associated with shooting sports... the media is 10c and the import tariff is $50... rice is still pretty cheap here.

I have nothing against shooting sports... been shooting for 18yrs... but my government seems to have a bug in there ass over them.

Greg Frazer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Frazer View Post
    I have nothing against shooting sports... been shooting for 18yrs... but my government seems to have a bug in there ass over them.
    Yeah, they want to take all the guns away so that we'll all fall in line and be one big happy country under one flag.

yes Iwas expecting it all to start again over that shooting in VIC
    Kind regards Peter