Default Crash casualities... don't forget to redo your Googlemap

Just a quick reminder to all those that got caught in the database crash and had to re-register... don't forget to add yourself back onto the map of all our members. Do it now before you forget.... here's how:

How do I use the Googlemap?
    When you first display the googlemap it loads centered about the middle of the USA. You can “scroll” the map up/down/left/right by left-clicking anywhere on the map and, while holding the click, slide the map in the direction you wish to go. You can zoom in/out by clicking the +/- buttons on the scale located in the upper left.

To add yourself to the Googlemap, click the “your entry” field and a screen will appear where you can enter the information specific to you… you need to fill in the following fields:
    1. Marker Title: This is your name as you wish it displayed… usually your first name. (Note: this is not you username… the system automatically displays your username elsewhere)
    2. Map Location: Scroll the map to your approximate location and zoom in until you can locate your location… in many areas the information is detailed enough to locate your actual street and house while in other parts of the world the detail is less specific and you’ll have to estimate. Do the best you can. Once you are satisfied, click the map at the point you want your pin to appear. (Alternatively, if you know your longitude and latitude, you can enter them in their respective fields)
    3. Marker Text: Enter your location and/or some additional information
    When you are satisfied with your information, click “Update the Information”.

If you've forgotten how to get to the googlemap, either go to the home page and click the googlemap menu or click [here].

Senior Member, Moderator floridaboy's Avatar

Joe, I am glad you mentioned that. Never thought of that one.

Phil

illegitimum non carborundum Utopian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After looking at the map, I have to ask about two of the categories.
    What do you have to do to be banned? (It's not an aspiration of mine, I'm just curious.)
    What do you have to do to be labeled a blabbermouth? (Same as above.)

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    After looking at the map, I have to ask about two of the categories.
    What do you have to do to be banned? (It's not an aspiration of mine, I'm just curious.)
    Violate the rules and refuse to cooperate in resolving the situation. So far, other than spammers, only one person has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    What do you have to do to be labeled a blabbermouth? (Same as above.)
    When you reach 2000 posts you'll get the blabbermouth icon. There's also a blabbermouth group which you can join by invitation only. (AFAIK, the group is inactive, though... the founding members are still the only members and we have lots of blabbermouths )