Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: Clan of the Dancing Twins

Here's my new friend, any clue on the history of this guy, how old it could be?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The twins logo on the tang tells you the approximate age. In this case it shows to be a 1900 mark:-)

Last edited by Gunner777; 11-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gunner777 For This Useful Post:

bongo (11-10-2013), Jantjeuh (11-02-2009), oldschooltools (12-12-2010), Renspen (12-11-2013)

Super info and pic!

Glad to help :-)

< Banned User >

Default Here are some of my twins

A few of them ... more will come soon
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Default Count me in!

Picked up a Henckels 'platinum' as the bonus razor in a two razor deal. In a fit of boredom this afternoon I decided since the scales where so pretty I'd go ahead and scrape the rust off and see what I had. End result: blade was in serviceable shape. The pitting on the spine is pretty insane (at least 1/32 deep at it's worst) but the sides of the blade cleaned up ok. I figured with that kind of pitting there's no way she'll ever win a beauty contest so I stopped sanding around 800 grit.

Anway, I decided I might as well try honing it up so after maybe 30 minutes on the hones I took it upstairs and stropped the hell out of it and I'll be damned if the thing wasn't passing HHT consistently at level 3-4! I took it for a test shave then and there and holy damn is this thing sharp. The second I came out of the bathroom my wife commented on my unusually close shave. Ugly? Maybe, but I'm keeping it!

< Banned User >

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    Picked up a Henckels 'platinum' as the bonus razor in a two razor deal. In a fit of boredom this afternoon I decided since the scales where so pretty I'd go ahead and scrape the rust off and see what I had. End result: blade was in serviceable shape. The pitting on the spine is pretty insane (at least 1/32 deep at it's worst) but the sides of the blade cleaned up ok. I figured with that kind of pitting there's no way she'll ever win a beauty contest so I stopped sanding around 800 grit.

Anway, I decided I might as well try honing it up so after maybe 30 minutes on the hones I took it upstairs and stropped the hell out of it and I'll be damned if the thing wasn't passing HHT consistently at level 3-4! I took it for a test shave then and there and holy damn is this thing sharp. The second I came out of the bathroom my wife commented on my unusually close shave. Ugly? Maybe, but I'm keeping it!

Ugly ????? Are you crazy man? That's one pretty razor. Yes it dose show it;s age but I will not call it ugly ... maybe it has personality or something, stays out from the crowd but sure that's no ugly razor. Congrats.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justacat For This Useful Post:

freeman (11-09-2009)

That is one of the nicest razors I've ever seen!! Just beautiful. What are the scales made of?

< Banned User >

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    That is one of the nicest razors I've ever seen!! Just beautiful. What are the scales made of?

Thank you. The scales are brown wood grain celluloid decorated with fancy brass and mother of pearl inlay including the Twinworks Trademark logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantjeuh View Post
    Here's my new friend, any clue on the history of this guy, how old it could be?
    Hey lads,

I received it yesterday, cleaned it up (it's in pristine condition, not even any honewear), honed it, and shaved with it this morning.

The first thing that strikes me is how LIGHT this thing is, I have never had a razor this light, it is also extremely hollow, unbelievable almost. The razor itself has no frills or whatever, just a black handle and a polished blade.

Is there any special way to go about honing these guys? I did not have a very smooth shave with this one going ATG. Perhaps because I'm not used to shaving with such hollow razors. I suppose it should shave very very smooth, which is now not the case for me unfortunately.

ANyhow, am I allowed in this exclusive club?

Edit: Wow Justacat, VERY nice one!