Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coticule no flat

I am furious. I have received coticule of Howard, solicits that it flattened it. It has come without flattening. There is a difference of but of 1mm between the center and the ends . as I can solve it?

Thanks for your aid

Have you emailed Howard since you've received it? That would be the first thing I'd do.

If you want to flatten it yourself, there's plenty of information here on the forums, just do a search for flattening or lapping and you should get plenty of advice.

yeah, i was gonna get one too from howard but I was going to the the diamond plate so I can flatten it when needed.

Senior Member blabbermouth Kees's Avatar

Slight cupping is not too bad. I never lap my hones. My Escher has at least 1 mm and still works great. You could get a lapping stone or use a piece of window pane cover it with sandpaper and flatten away! You may want to use fairly coarse sandpaper first but finish with at least 400 grit sandpaper.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr.

Don't worry too much Estroncio. Kees' advice is excellent. You can solve the problem in 20 minutes with some sandpaper and a flat marble or glass tile.

Thanks for your advice. Today I am badly. They have taken one hour in taking note in a restaurant, I have cut the finger, have spilled a coffee on my clothes… I hope that the bad luck finishes fast

Greetings from Barcelona

Default Flat coticule

Estroncio,
    Sorry to hear about all of your bad luck! I hope it turns quickly. The 150mm x 50mm coticule I sent you was flattened by me before I shipped it. You do know that these stones are chamfered (rounded on the edges) on the edges to prevent pressure chipping, yes? That is the only reason I can think of that would account for a difference of 1mm over 150mm. The stones are never shipped with right angle shoulders.

Howard

Senior Member blabbermouth Kees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estroncio View Post
    Thanks for your advice. Today I am badly. They have taken one hour in taking note in a restaurant, I have cut the finger, have spilled a coffee on my clothes… I hope that the bad luck finishes fast

Greetings from Barcelona

Every cloud has a silver lining!
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees View Post
    Every cloud has a silver lining!
    I'd say the silver lining is he's sitting in a cafe in Barcelona on a Saturday evening...

Beautiful city you've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Estroncio,
    Sorry to hear about all of your bad luck! I hope it turns quickly. The 150mm x 50mm coticule I sent you was flattened by me before I shipped it. You do know that these stones are chamfered (rounded on the edges) on the edges to prevent pressure chipping, yes? That is the only reason I can think of that would account for a difference of 1mm over 150mm. The stones are never shipped with right angle shoulders.

Howard
    Howard thanks for your interest. I have flattened it with sandpaper and has been perfect. The stone has a wonderful aspect.

Greetings y thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast